The Church Santa Maria of Andratx

Andratx

The parish church is one of the most representative buildings in Andratx. It was founded in 1248 shortly after the conquest of 1229, as mentioned in the Papal Bull of Pope Innocent VI. The earliest building used as a church must have been constructed like the small repopulation churches erected in Mallorca during the 13th century.